21. Your character has been granted 3 wishes; what would they wish for and why?
// here be GSD spoilers:
- Talia safe and well. Obviously.
- Her son Will to be okay, eventually, when his mother gets back, because dear god, is that going to be them all involved in a lot (more) therapy…
- A tossup between instantaneous dessert/pudding on-demand forever, or people actually listening to him and taking him seriously. What?
//From the CD, with proper orchestration.
30 + 6 for Arthur
6. If you were to pick one song — and only one song — to describe your character, what would it be and why?
// "Sledgehammer", by Peter Gabriel. Then, now, forever. Gotta stay British. You can do the Meer dance to it~!
Bonus "I’m Not Saying A Word" from Blood Brothers, if anyone wants to know what it would be like if Arthur actually did have the crush on Talia. (…She’d elbow him about halfway through the first chorus.)
30. Finally; if your character was forced to eat one thing for the rest of their life, what would they choose and why?
Whatever this is.
Failing that, trifle (it has a few things in it, ha).
1, 7, and 22 (for Arthur)
1. What position does your character sleep in? ( i.e; stomach, side, back, etc. ) Describe why they do this — optional.
//Starts on his back, wakes up on his stomach. Tummy sleeping is a vestige from childhood. Unless someone is in his bed. Then he may start from his side. Still ends up in the same place.
7. How does your character perceive themselves? Positive? Negative? Neutral?
Actually, a bit on the
British negative side. He’s perfectly willing to see himself as clumsy or odd, or other people as far more skilled or capable or interesting or whatever — but he’s also British an optimist, so he believes in endurance and overcoming, and that most things *around him* will turn out all right, in the end.
22. Does your character trust people right off the bat or does it take them some time to warm up to someone?
Arthur either trusts people right away — see Talia, Meer, Gil, even Shinn — or he doesn’t (Athrun). If he doesn’t, he’s probably not going to warm up/it will be awkward. (Drama cd canon aside, we don’t actually see him overcoming his initial dislike/jealousy/suspicion of Athrun in show, and Athrun’s later show actions certainly don’t do anything to push him that way.)
- What position does your character sleep in? ( i.e; stomach, side, back, etc. ) Describe why they do this — optional.
- Does your character have any noteworthy features? Freckles? Dimples? A scar somewhere unusual? etc.
- Does your character have an accent? What does it sound like?
- Do they have any verbal tics? Do they have trouble pronouncing certain words or getting their thoughts across clearly?
- What are their chief tension areas?
- If you were to pick one song — and only one song — to describe your character, what would it be and why?
- How does your character perceive themselves? Positive? Negative? Neutral?
- Are they a quick thinker or do they need time to sort through their thoughts?
- Does your character dream or are their nights filled with an empty blackness? Describe a dream they’ve had or a night they couldn’t sleep and what they did to preoccupy their time.
- If they had a choice, would they prefer a subway or a bus for public transportation?
- What do they think of creation? Do they believe in evolution or do they believe in God? What is their religion like?
- Describe 5 unusual characteristics your muse has.
- Have they ever been so overwhelmed they had to stop and take a break from something?
- Are they a team player or do they prefer to be solo?
- Can they multi-task or must they focus on one subject at a time?
- What are their best school subjects? What are their worst? List five of each.
- Is your character an introvert or an extrovert? How do they handle big crowds of people?
- Are they a leader, do they prefer to follow, or would they rather just stay on the sidelines altogether?
- If your character was suddenly challenged, would they rather run away or stay and fight?
- If your character was allowed to murder one person without any consequences, who would that person be and why?
- Your character has been granted 3 wishes; what would they wish for and why?
- Does your character trust people right off the bat or does it take them some time to warm up to someone?
- Do they prefer romance or affection? What is the quickest way to your character’s heart?
- Does your character have any enemies? If so, who and why?
- Do they have any weird bedroom habits? Any unusual kinks?
- How does your character prepare for bed? Do they sleep at all or can they stay awake for days on end without trouble?
- If your character had one thing to say to their parents before they died, what would it be?
- Are they afraid of death? Do they have any regrets?
- Does your character get restless when things are too quiet or do they favour solitude and silence? Why?
- Finally; if your character was forced to eat one thing for the rest of their life, what would they choose and why?
I stumbled upon this video a long time ago and it honestly made me feel a lot better.
"If you’ve never failed, you’ve never lived."
I could not fit everyone mentioned in the video in this post so be sure to give the video a look.
As someone who fails regularly, I find such comfort in this!
I like this a lot. My college creative writing teacher refused to read the revisions I had done on my stories because he said he knew I was a B student and that wasn’t going to change.
Stephen King’s college writing teacher didn’t think he was very good. My college writing class thought my writing was “babyish” and “stupid fairy tales.” The original teacher didn’t care for me, but she developed medical problems and was replaced by David Bradley, Jr., who made it plain he believed I had what it took. I don’t do writing classes or groups anymore, but I’m still in touch with Bradley, one of the finest writers I’ve ever read.
Leona Vicario (1789-1842)
Art by Tiny Tarakeet (tumblr)
A wealthy and connected young woman, Leona served as an organizer in Mexico’s independence movement. She collected intelligence, conveyed messages, and provided financial support to the rebels. Jailed twice by the royalists, Leona refused to give up the cause. She and her husband Andrés Quintana Roo spent years on the run and Leona gave birth to their first child in a cave.
Eventually, the rebels succeeded in creating an independent Mexico. Lenora and Andrés became leading figures of the new country.
Leona’s profile appears on a version of the $5 Mexican coin with the words “Bicentario de la Independencia” (“Bicentennial Anniversary of Independence”).
Most wanted AU
// I love AUs, because they keep Nicol alive. I don’t really have a favorite, so I’ll just list the first ones that come to mind. 1) Upcoming AU with zafts-prince where the PLANTs are divided into 12 allied kingdoms (SPACE FEUDALISM WOO) and the Supreme Council is a meeting of the monarchs. Everyone should join this one. 2) Restaurant AU
I normally have so many AU ideas, but I suppose work is suppressing my creativity at the moment.
// Are you saying this makes PLANT into… The 12 Kingdoms? ;)
(amazing series that also features Mwu as a pretty blond spirit guardian and Shinn as a giant mouse)
Youko. Nobody told me to cosplay as Youko. :)
//It does if you use Washboard. Nice app.
Page 1 of 212